989-739-3211 Extension 230
Jane Hackborn - Township Deputy Treasurer
989-739-3211 Extension 231
Duties of the Treasurer's Office
The Treasurer’s Office is required to receive and take charge of all funds belonging to the Township or which are required by law to be paid into the Township Treasury and to pay over and account for the funds according to the law or township board decision.
The Treasurer is the Township’s agent for collecting taxes.
The Township Treasurer collects and distributes your property tax bill to the following entities:
- State of Michigan
- Oscoda Area School District
- Intermediate School District
- Iosco County, which includes, medical care facilities, ambulance, Iosco transit, library, the county allocated, and Commission on Aging
- Oscoda Township, which includes the General Fund, Police, Fire, and special assessments
- Van Ettan Weed Control
- Cedar Lake Management
- MSU 4-H Extension Office
- Iosco County Drain Commission, which includes Van Ettan dam maintenance and Lakewood Shores drain maintenance
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at (989) 739-3211 Extension 230. We will be happy to help you.2022 Tax Revenues
The following graph provided by the Township Assessor shows how the Township Treasurer’s office disbursed the tax money we collected.